FaceTite Skin Tightening Reading
Get the skin tightening & contouring benefits of a facelift without the surgery or downtime.
When men and women approach their middle years, signs of aging on the face and neck start to become apparent. Plastic surgeons have long sought a safe, non-surgical solution to turn back the hands of time on these areas with little success—until now. FaceTite is a minimally invasive procedure that tightens loose, saggy skin and melts away fat to restore youthful contours to the face and neck with almost no downtime.
- What is FaceTite?
- Benefits of FaceTite
- Who is a good candidate for FaceTite?
- About your FaceTite procedure
- Is FaceTite safe?
- Can FaceTite be combined with other procedures?
What is FaceTite?
FaceTite is an advanced facial contouring system that uses radiofrequency-assisted liposuction (RFAL) to lift sagging facial tissues, melt subcutaneous fat, and firm up tired skin. By using advanced radiofrequency energy, FaceTite is able to treat deep layers of the skin to increase structural support in the face.
Unlike other nonsurgical and minimally-invasive skin tightening devices, FaceTite is also able to coagulate and liquefy fat in the face and neck, making it incredibly effective for patients wanting to treat the area under the chin (called the “submental” area). FaceTite has been shown to increase skin tightening by up to 50%.
What can FaceTite treat?
FaceTite can be used to tighten skin and dissolve fat in the following areas:
- Chin & jowls
- Under the chin (“double chin”)
- Along the jawline
- Nasolabial folds
- Marionette lines
Benefits of FaceTite
FaceTite has numerous benefits, especially when compared to other face tightening procedures. These include:
- Tightens skin and melts & sculpts fat
- Convenient in-office treatment
- No general anesthesia required
- Gentle enough not to damage surrounding tissues
- Safe to use on all skin types and colors
- Minimal downtime
- No large scars & minimal bruising
- Best results visible at 6 months and can continue to improve up to 12 months
Who is a good candidate for FaceTite?
Good candidates for FaceTite include men and women who have relatively good skin laxity and want to:
- Tighten loose, aging skin in the face and neck
- Reduce facial and/or neck fullness
- Restore youthful facial contours
- Avoid general anesthesia and surgery
You may not be a good candidate for FaceTite if you:
- Have a BMI over 30
- Are trying to tighten or reduce loose skin after weight loss surgery
- Want to take decades off your appearance (a facelift can accomplish this)
About your FaceTite procedure
Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Lindsay will apply a topical numbing cream to the area of the face or neck being treated before inserting the FaceTite applicator wand beneath your skin. This wand heats both the inner and outer layers of the skin, causing the tissues to contract and produce collagen, and fat cells to rupture and die. Dr. Lindsay may also use a small tube (called a cannula) to remove any excess fat and liquid as needed.
What is recovery like from FaceTite?
Patients can expect to go home immediately following their FaceTite procedure and resume normal activities after a day or two. Swelling should diminish after a few weeks. We advise patients to avoid strenuous physical activity for two weeks after their procedure, however, light walking is encouraged to increase blood flow throughout the body. Patients should wear a compression garment for a few weeks to allow the skin and underlying tissues to adapt to their new facial contours.
While results will start to appear instantly, they will begin to fully reveal themselves after 3 to 6 months as the body heals, and may continue to improve for up to 12 months. You should avoid direct sun exposure and use quality sunscreen following your procedure.
How long do FaceTite results last?
FaceTite is FDA-approved for results that last for up to a year, but some patients enjoy their results for up to five years. As with any procedure, your genetics, lifestyle choices, and overall skin condition will affect the longevity of your results.
Is FaceTite safe?
FaceTite was approved by the FDA in 2016 and has been used safely and effectively on patients worldwide since then. Its dual-temperature technology allows Dr. Lindsay to have complete control over your treatment. FaceTite provides 100% energy concentration to the area being treated to help ensure surrounding tissues are protected.
Can FaceTite be combined with other procedures?
- Morpheus8. For patients who want to tighten, sculpt, and tone loose skin in the neck, face, and jawline without undergoing facelift surgery, FaceTite can be combined with Morpheus8 microneedling for an ultra-powerful procedure called “EmbraceRF.” After FaceTite is performed to melt away fat and tighten skin, the Morpheus8 handpiece is applied to the skin to stimulate further collagen production and fat sculpting via its radiofrequency microneedles to improve your face’s contours and complexion.
- BodyTite. Enjoy the skin tightening and fat reducing technology of FaceTite but below the neck with BodyTite. BodyTite is the ultimate body contouring technology, and when paired with FaceTite, can provide a full-body makeover without invasive surgery.
- Liposuction. For patients with extra fullness in their neck and body, liposuction is an extremely effective procedure for reducing exercise-resistant fat pockets. When paired with the skin tightening benefits of FaceTite and BodyTite, liposuction can help you slim down while accentuating your body’s natural contours and muscle tone.
Schedule your FaceTite consultation today
Find out how our board-certified plastic surgeons can help you get the benefits of a facelift without going under the scalpel. Contact us online or call (610) 320-0200 to schedule your FaceTite consultation in Reading today.