8 Ways to Feel More Energized!
If you are anything like me, you are constantly finding new ways to feel more energized throughout the day. The fact is that no matter how much coffee we drink, caffeine only goes so far! Here is a list of a few other things that may help you fight that mid-afternoon drowsiness:
- Stop pressing the snooze button so much! Set your alarm for when you need to wake up instead of 15 minutes beforehand. That extra 15 minutes of sleep will come in handy when you’re feeling sleepy around 3:00pm.
- Try doing a light morning workout. Getting in 20-30 minutes of exercise prior to starting your day will keep you feeling energized longer. And don’t think this means you need to hit the weights. Doing some yoga or jogging in place will work just fine.
- Eat light at night. Eating a heavy meal before bed can leave you feeling groggy and bloated in the morning. If you need to have a snack before bed, eat something low in calories like a piece of fruit or yogurt.
- Drink more water. It sounds simple, but sometimes, we simply forget to stay hydrated. Keeping your body hydrated helps with your skin, overall health and drowsiness.
- Eat a protein-rich breakfast. Having eggs or peanut butter as part of your breakfast will help your brain functionality and productivity.
- Take a walk. One or two brisk laps around your office building could add that boost of energy you need.
- Sit up straight at your desk. It could fight that early morning fatigue and improve your posture.
- Sleep more! If all else fails, try going to bed a half hour earlier. Adding a few extra hours a week of sleep will definitely help beat your fatigue.