ThermiVa: Reading Feminine Rejuvenation
Quick, effective, & pain-free non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation
Aging, childbirth, and genetics can all contribute to body changes, but there’s one area that isn’t discussed often: the vagina. Women all over the world are impacted by changes in the vulvovaginal area over time, including less sensation, sagging or uneven labia, and even incontinence due to weakened vaginal tissues and muscles. If any of this sounds familiar, you’re not alone, and you have options.
Berks Plastic Surgery is proud to offer the first non-invasive, non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation option: ThermiVa™. Using special thermal technology, ThermiVa safely and effectively strengthens vaginal tissues to improve intimacy, appearance, and function. The best part? Treatment is quick, there’s no downtime, and results can be seen in as little as one treatment!
ThermiVa utilizes a special thermal energy technology to tighten vaginal tissues by prompting your body’s natural healing response, without surgery, needles, or extended downtime. Clinically proven to noticeably tighten the vagina, ThermiVa works by increasing your natural collagen production in treated areas to:
- Reduce sagging
- Improve orgasm quality
- Prompt natural lubrication
- Reduce urinary incontinence.
The ThermiVa wand is gently passed over your labia and external vulvar tissues and/or applied internally. During this process, your internal and external tissues will be precisely and gently heated using controlled radiofrequency. The treated tissues will instantly contract, with further, more dramatic improvement occurring gradually and with successive treatments. Treatment typically takes around 45 minutes and most patients notice a difference right away. There is no downtime and normal activity, including sex, can be resumed right away.
Common vaginal changes women experience
Your most intimate areas are composed of soft tissues and muscles that can be affected by aging, changes in weight, pregnancy and childbirth, and your genes—just like the rest of your body. Below are some of the most common ways vaginal tissues are impacted by life:
- Pregnancy comes bundled with a number of new body changes, including increased blood flow to and swelling of the labia. Changes in hormones can also affect your vagina, and while these changes are often temporary, they can have a lasting impact.
- Vaginal childbirth can greatly impact the strength of vaginal muscles and tissues, often leading to laxity, decreased sexual sensation, and incontinence. To top it off, many mothers are dismayed to find that these changes can also result in a sagging or droopy appearance of the labia.
- Aging can impact muscle tone and skin elasticity anywhere on the body, and the vagina is no exception. This can lead to looseness internally and drooping externally, which in turn can impact your ability to orgasm or maintain bladder control. Additionally, menopause can cause vaginal dryness, more severe urinary incontinence, and decreased sensation.
In the past, these concerns could only be alleviated with surgery. For those who weren’t ready for surgery or didn’t require invasive procedures to see results, the options were very limited. Until now.
Your ThermiVa experience at Berks Plastic Surgery
The comfort, privacy, and safety of our patients is our number one concern—and our surgeons, nurses, and staff strive to ensure your experience is positive. As a truly non-surgical procedure, ThermiVa is performed in the comfort of a private exam room right in our office. You will be able to lay back and relax during treatment, and a nurse will be present at all times.
Before your treatment begins, a special ultrasound gel will be applied to help the ThermiVa applicator move easily. The ThermiVa wand is quite small, about the width of a finger, and is designed to pass comfortably both internally and externally—in fact, most of our patients report that treatment feels pleasantly warm, much like a hot stone massage.
Treatment typically lasts between 30-45 minutes, depending on which areas you are having treated. Three treatments spaced one month apartment is the recommended course, though some patients are happy with their results after just one or two sessions.
You deserve to feel great from head to toe…and everywhere in between. Call us today.
If you would like to learn more about ThermiVa or explore your other options at Berks Plastic Surgery, we encourage you to contact us to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our board certified plastic surgeons. We look forward to helping you feel your very best!