Tighten Your Tummy!
Despite eating right and exercising regularly, many women find there’s an area that that stubbornly resists fat reduction: the tummy. It can be very discouraging to take all the right steps to tone the core yet see no real improvement; often it’s simply impossible to tighten up this area.
A bulging tummy isn’t just an aesthetic issue. A disproportionate waistline makes it difficult to find clothing that fits properly, and often a woman has to change her wardrobe to hide her belly. All the negatives can certainly affect self-esteem.
We have a solution—the tummy tuck. It’s one of our most popular procedures at Berks Plastic Surgery; in fact, it’s second only to breast augmentation. This procedure can create a dramatic improvement in this area that so many women struggle with. We can customize your tummy tuck to address the exact issues you face; Dr. Reedy can discuss the options with you during a consultation.
Here’s a list of some of the common concerns that can each be addressed through a tummy tuck:
- Sagging, loose, or excess skin
- Prominent tummy
- Weak muscles from pregnancy
- Concentrated fat below the skin
The tummy tuck can be modified to address all those concerns, from removing fat and excess skin to tightening the muscles of the abdominal wall. We offer two tummy tuck options:
- Full tummy tuck (abdominoplasty). A full tummy tuck tightens both loose skin and repairs loose muscles. Excess fat and skin are removed and muscles are tightened through an incision across the lower abdomen. You can enjoy your smoother, tighter core after several weeks of recovery time.
- Mini-tummy tuck (partial abdominoplasty). The mini-tummy tuck addresses only the lower abdomen through a shorter scar. This procedure is most appropriate for those who need help with loose skin but who don’t need muscle tightening. As you might expect, the recovery is quicker and easier than that from a full tummy tuck.
When undergoing a tummy tuck procedure, some patients also opt to add a liposuction treatment at the same time. By timing the two procedures to coincide, a patient can ensure that the newly flat tummy looks proportionate with the hips. These two complementary procedures can help a patient achieve a sleek new silhouette.
If diet and exercise aren’t helping tighten your tummy and you’re tired of clothes that don’t fit, consider a tummy tuck. Visit us for a free consultation to learn more!