Reading PA Plastic Surgery
If you are a woman with overly large breasts, breast reduction surgery can be a tremendously life-enhancing option. Having the procedure will give you far more than just smaller, firmer breasts. You’ll also get significant relief from many physical and emotional discomforts, a new sense of freedom in your exercise and physical activity, and the ability to wear a greater variety of clothing styles. In fact, of all the procedures that plastic surgeons perform, breast reduction ranks among the highest in patient satisfaction. Breast reduction, also called reduction mammaplasty, is a procedure that removes excess breast tissue and skin, making your breasts more proportional to the rest of your body.
You may be a good candidate for breast reduction if you have any of the following conditions:
- back, neck or shoulder pain caused by the weight of your breasts
- heavy, sagging breasts with very low nipples and areolas
- breasts that are too large in proportion to your body frame
- skin irritation beneath the breasts
- indentations in your shoulders caused by tight bra straps
- restriction of physical activity due to the size and weight of your breasts
- feelings of self-consciousness about the large size of your breasts
- one breast that is much larger than the other
Board certified Pennsylvania plastic surgeon Dr. Brian Reedy uses several different techniques for breast reduction, including a vertical reduction mammaplasty, which places the incisions underneath the breasts. This technique allows for minimal scarring that is usually not visible underneath clothing or swimsuits. Dr. Reedy will explain in detail the best technique for you during your pre-operative consultation.